Longburn Intermodal Freight Hub Ltd (LIFH) is a joint venture between Napier Port, Ports of Auckland and Manawatu logistics provider, Icepak. LIFH operate the Manawatu Inland Port (MIP) at Longburn. Strategically positioned outside Palmerston North with direct rail links to North Island ports, MIP is primed to provide better solutions for shippers in Manawatu and adjacent regions.
MIP provides storage and depot services to a region that currently has few options. With on-site cold and dry goods storage, plus well-developed rail and road connections to other centres, we have plenty of space to grow and support regional industries.
We are now looking for a Site Manager (on a contracted basis) to oversee operations and support growth of the customer base and revenue, in order to develop MIP as a sustainable freight hub business. Reporting to the LIFH board chair, this new position will provide leadership and oversight of MIP, in turn delivering on customer and stakeholder expectations.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Overall profit and loss responsibility
- Lead asset development planning and operational compliance
- Identify opportunities for improving operational efficiencies
- Achieving business development milestones and revenue targets
- Health and safety leadership and continual improvement
The successful candidate will be able to build strong relationships with service providers, MPI and Customs personnel, shippers, freight forwarders and transport operators in Manawatu to grow new business in the form of cargo and traffic through the inland port.
Key attributes for the role include:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the shipping/logistics or container industry preferred
- Proven operational management skills
- Experience in Health and Safety leadership and continuous improvement
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- A tertiary qualification in business or logistics is not compulsory, but will be considered an advantage
- Experience in use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Business planning and organisation skills
- The ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with people at all levels
- “F Endorsed” Forklift Licence with OSH Endorsement or other experience with heavy machinery would be a bonus (not essential to role)
The successful candidate will be taken on contracted basis for a minimum of 1 year with renewal by mutual agreement.
If you think this sounds like you, apply online today.