Strategically positioned on the eastern shipping route of New Zealand, Napier Port connects Central New Zealand businesses to the world. Napier Port has experienced significant growth and investment over the last decade and we are planning for major growth over the next ten years as our regional economy grows.
We are seeking an experienced Finance professional with deep technical knowledge, excellent commercial experience, and a passion for developing people, processes and systems.
- Pivotal role supporting company strategy through financial leadership
- Opportunity to play an important role supporting a potential market listing
- Attractive remuneration and lifestyle location
Reporting to the CFO, the Reporting & Risk Manager will lead a team of Finance professionals with responsibility for all reporting and risk core functions. The primary focus is to proactively develop leading edge best practice to support the business to achieve their growth plans and a potential NZX market listing.
Candidates are likely to have developed their career in a “big 4” professional services firm and will have held senior finance and risk roles in leading organisations. They will have excellent attention to detail and enjoy being hands-on whilst retaining a strategic view of Finance’s role in the business.
The successful candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Deep technical knowledge of financial reporting and risk management best practice
- First-hand experience of the governance and reporting requirements of an NZX listed company
- A track record of proactively improving controls, processes and systems to support the highest levels of governance, financial reporting and risk management
- Evidence of a coaching leadership style growing the capability of Finance professionals
- Excellent stakeholder engagement including a strong understanding of the role Finance has providing focused insightful information to support the Executive and Board
- Strong commercial acumen including the ability to develop robust business cases
- Experience working with the Audit Committees
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with the gravitas to influence and engage broadly
- Professionally qualified accountant with evidence of continuous professional development
This role presents an exciting opportunity to join an innovative company and make a significant contribution.
Please submit your application online. For further information contact Suzanne O’Leary on (09) 377 9112 or 021 60 8000.