Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day.
Container Operations operates 24/7, 364 days of the year and is responsible for supplying logistics solutions to its customers throughout the wider region.
The Operations Co-ordinator reports to the Container Terminal Manager and is responsible for compliance, investigations (damages and safety) and labour supply.
- Champion health and safety - Zero Harm workplace through a Just Safety Culture
- Co-ordinate damages and health and safety compliance – reporting, investigations, corrective actions, health and safety meetings, PPE/uniform requirements
- Co-ordinating delivery of the operational training framework
- Supporting operational management
- Daily workforce planning – allocating Operators to activities, balancing demand with rosters, employment agreements, training sign-offs and fatigue management.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a degree level qualification with experience working face to face with people in an operational environment.
The role is predominantly Monday to Friday, with some weekend coverage required. You will be operating at the heart of a tight knit team, enjoying the challenges of a busy and fast-paced environment, where no two days are the same. With plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth, Napier Port is the place to be if you’re looking to kick start your career.
If you think this sounds like you, please complete an online application.