Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day.
We are currently looking for another Marine Officer to join our Marine team and provide high calibre support to our Pilots and Marine Services area. This role will work alongside our existing Marine Officer and is a great career and development opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Marine Systems and Security Manager, the Marine Officer is responsible for providing support to Pilot systems and operations, as well as developing as a Pilot, as operational requirements allow.
Key priorities include:
- Supporting pilotage functions e.g. port control, co-piloting
- Maintaining marine risk, operating and training procedures
- Overseeing pilot rostering and fatigue systems
- Responsibility for ancillary duties e.g. PPU
- Co-piloting and training as a Napier Port Pilot
- Liaise with shipping agents, Port Planners, Customer Support and Marine colleagues to communicate shipping information
- Identify opportunities to improve marine operating procedures and training procedures
- Safety – Zero Harm workplace through a Just Safety Culture
- Master Mariner with Class 1 Masters Foreign Going certificate or equivalent (minimum requirement)
Applications must have the ongoing right to work in New Zealand.
If you think this sounds like you, click on the 'apply now' button.