Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our customers by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day. We also believe in developing and growing our people for the future.
The Machine/Truck Operator is part of Napier Port’s General Cargo team, reporting to our Port Pack Manager. General Cargo is responsible for handling bulk and break-bulk cargo and container packing operations. We’re seeking an operator to join the night/early morning team primarily covering the 2030 – 0430 shift. Key tasks will include driving truck and trailer units and operating forklifts with tine and clamp attachments.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Ability to work within and add value to a high performing team
- Flexibility to work across late evening & early morning
- Receival of timber & pulp from the rail
- Onsite transfer of cargo from rail to warehouse
- Provide service delivery to customer and product care standards
- Safety – being part of and leading a Zero Harm workplace through a Just Safety Culture
- Continuous Improvement – creating solutions and increasing efficiencies within the General Cargo area and wider Napier Port environment
The successful candidate will have experience in bulk and break-bulk receival and warehousing operations or a back ground in operating mobile plant such as forklifts and truck and trailer units, therefore a minimum class 5 licence with an F endorsement is a requirement.
If you are interested in this role, please complete an online application today.