Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
At Napier Port we’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day. We also believe in offering all of our staff the opportunity to develop their careers and allow them to set their sights as high as they can go.
Due to ongoing growth and an increase in log volumes, we are currently looking for a Logistics Planner to join our General Cargo team who are responsible for bulk and break bulk activities on the port. The Logistics Planner is responsible for overseeing and coordinating general cargo landside activities, vessel operations, and safety – ensuring the compliance of staff, contractors, marshalling and stevedoring operations.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Logistics coordination of cargo,
- Space and traffic planning,
- Facilitate vessel operational activities
- Coordinating plant and labour requirements,
- Oversight of work management - stock control, customer and shipping line requirements,
- Health and safety – leadership, support for health and safety, compliance, procedures and training,
- Continuous Improvement – creating logistics solutions and increasing efficiencies.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver excellent customer service in a fast paced and dynamic environment. They will have strong leadership and communication skills and will be able to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels of the organisation, both internal and external. Strong organisational, prioritisation and decision making skills are essential. The successful candidate will be able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit an online application today.