Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day.
Within Port Services, the Mooring Team is responsible for providing shipside duties including:
- Tying up/letting go of ships and tensioning and setting up of shore lines.
- Planning and rigging of lines and completing all wharf line work.
- Operating mooring machinery (loader, tractor, truck and ute, press machines).
- Installing and removing communication equipment, water and gangways on a ship.
- Buoy maintenance.
The Linesman position encompasses shore mooring and ship board mooring operations as well as port related tasks. It also includes being part of the safe and efficient ship mooring operation within the Marine Team Roster.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and aptitude:
- Valid Driver’s licence with F endorsement and OSH certificate
- Willingness and capability to learn shore mooring systems
- Commitment to a safe working environment – Zero Harm within a Just Culture
- Physically fit with quick reactions and instincts
- Strong work ethic, reliable, team player
- Marine related experience
The successful applicant will have strong health and safety awareness, an excellent work ethic, good communication skills, be a team player, and will ideally have operational experience in mooring or marine processes.