Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day.
Due to the ongoing growth of the port and an increase in log volumes, we are seeking a General Cargo Logistics Planner to join our team.
General Cargo Logistics is responsible for handling bulk and break-bulk cargo as well as unitised cargo destined for container packing. The General Cargo Logistics Planner is responsible for oversight of general cargo landside activities, vessel operations, and safety - ensuring compliance of staff, contractors, marshalling and stevedoring operators.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Logistics co-ordination of general cargo receival, warehousing and marshalling
- Space and traffic planning
- Co-ordinating plant and labour requirements
- Oversight of work management - stock control, customer and shipping line requirements
- Health and safety – support for health and safety, compliance, procedures and training.
- Continuous Improvement – creating logistics solutions and increasing efficiencies.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver excellent customer service in a fast paced and dynamic environment. They will be able to consistently build and maintain relationships with both internal and external customers.
If this sounds like you we’d love you hear from you. Please submit an online application today.