Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day.
We’re looking for a Crane Technician with an electro-mechanical focus, who has a broad range of experience in industrial electrical work.
The Crane-Services Team provide technical services and support to our mobile harbour crane fleet. This fleet is critical, front line equipment and a key contributor to our operational success. The Crane Technician is a member of the multi-disciplinary Crane Services Team and reports to the Crane-Service Manager. Primarily, Crane Technicians are responsible for servicing and preventative maintenance and repairs of our crane fleet. The position will also provide applicable support to other mobile plant or infrastructure on Port when needed.
- Implementation and optimisation of preventative maintenance/maintenance programme for our crane fleet
- Responsiveness to crane breakdowns/failures
- Support maintenance of mobile plant on Port including call outs
- Form key relationships with external contractors
- Health and Safety - support for a Zero Harm Environment
- Support a culture of continuous improvement
The ideal candidate;
- Must be a registered electrician with a current practice licence
- Will preferably have a class 2 licence with an F endorsement
- Will have knowledge in electrical and mechanical services, preferably in an industrial environment and able to work at heights.
- Having experience in hydraulic control systems and Canbus, Profibus and Asibus systems is advantageous
- Will be able to work flexible hours, including on-call and weekend work
- Will have industrial PLC experience and good computer skills
If this sounds like you, complete an online application today.