Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
At Napier Port we’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day. We also believe in offering all of our staff the opportunity to develop their careers and allow them to set their sights as high as they can go.
Due to ongoing growth, we are currently seeking a casual Truck Driver to join our team. Truck Drivers are responsible for transporting containers from the port to the off-site Depot at Thames Street, as well as onsite bulk cargo transfers.
Key priorities for the role include:
- Transporting containers to and from Napier Port/off site Depot at Thames Street
- Receiving and transporting bulk cargoes from rail to warehouses on port
- Transporting bulk cargo between warehouses onsite at the port
- Provide service delivery to customer and product care standards
- Safety – Zero Harm workplace through a Just Safety Culture
The successful Truck Driver will be skilled and experienced in operating truck and trailer units, holding a Class 5 Driver Licence. They will have excellent work ethic, good communication skills and the ability to follow instructions and processes within a timely and safe manner. The port operates 24/7 so the successful candidate will need to be able to work a range of shifts across all hours.
If you are interested in this role, complete an online application today.