Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
We’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day.
Napier Port is offering an opportunity for a Casual Mooring Trainee.
Within Port Services, the Mooring Team is responsible for providing shipside duties including:
- Tying up/letting go of ships and tensioning and setting up of shore lines.
- Planning and rigging of lines and completing all wharf line work.
- Operating mooring machinery (loader, tractor, truck and ute, press machines).
- Installing and removing communication equipment, water and gangways on a ship.
- Buoy maintenance.
We are seeking a candidate with the following skills and aptitude:
- Valid Driver’s licence with F endorsement and OSH certificate
- Willingness and capability to learn shore mooring systems
- Commitment to a safe working environment – Zero Harm within a Just Culture
- Physically fit with quick reactions and instincts
- Strong work ethic, reliable, team player
- Marine experience and a willingess to advance in this field
The trainee will be paid a minimum of 40 hours across a 7 day period for the initial training programme of 5 months. At the conclusion of this training period, hours will be on an ‘as and when’ required basis.
If you think this sounds like you, please submit an online application today.