Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
At Napier Port we’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day. We also believe in offering all of our staff the opportunity to develop their careers and allow them to set their sights as high as they can go.
Ancillary Operators are a part of the Container Operations team who are responsible for providing cargo solutions in a 24/7, 365 day a year environment. We are currently looking for Ancillary Operators who can work variable shift patterns and have a mind set to undertake a multitude of tasks. This is a great opportunity for those who are wishing to develop their machine operation skills and wish to progress to a Heavy Plant Operator role in the future.
The Ancillary Operator is responsible for undertaking a range of driving and operational related functions including:
- Truck and water cart driving – both on and off port,
- Operating machinery for breakbulk marshalling activities e.g. steel and timber,
- Refrigerated container plugging and unplugging,
- Rail operations,
- Port Pack operations,
- If seasonal demand requires, the operation of Heavy Plant.
Key requirements for the Ancillary Operator include:
- A class 5 licence, F Endorsement and OSH certification,
- The versatility to be able to undertake multiple tasks within the ancillary role,
- Intermediate computer and keyboard skills.
We’re looking for someone with a safety focused attitude and a proven health and safety record. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a can do attitude and have a high level of communication skills with Team Leaders & Supervisors. They will also understand and drive company values – including Zero Harm, continuous improvement, and Just Culture.
If this sounds like you, please submit an online application today.